Intro to Sidemount
This course covers provides an introduction to sidemount and allows divers to try out sidemount diving in a confined water environment. The course leads directly to the Sidemount Fundamentals course for those that would like to continue with sidemount training.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- Certified divers looking to try sidemount diving
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Advanced Water Scuba Diver or greater
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
- An overview of sidemount diving equipment
- Assisted donning and doffing of sidemount equipment in confined water
- Supported performance of basic sidemount skills in confined water environment
- Video review/feedback of the dive and Q&A on sidemount diving and training.
and much more...
Sidemount Pros will provide complete sidemount systems for this course. This includes sidemount harness/BCD, sidemount regulators, cylinders and the hardware required to set up your sidemount system for the course. As the equipment is personally configured for you during your course, it will be available for purchase should you wish to take advantage of this.
Additional diving equipment is to be provided by the student including; dive computer, compass, mask, fins, exposure protection, cutting devices, reels/spools and wet-notes/slate.
The course fee is NZD $100 incl. GST and this covers instruction, sidemount specific equipment (harness, regulators, cylinders) and pool fees.
Contact us for course equipment requirements and recommendations before you purchase.