This course covers the fundamentals of sidemount diving including both classroom workshops and three and 1/2 days of in-water skills development.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- Certified divers looking to learn sidemount diving
- Certified divers wanting to progress to technical diving
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver or greater
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
- Sidemount equipment selection and setup
- Water entries
- Donning and doffing cylinders
- Buoyancy control and trim
- Tech diving propulsion techniques - frog kick, modified frog kick, helicopter turn, back kick
- Sidemount skills including, gas management, valve drills, out of air (donor/receiver)
- Cylinder removal in water, partial and full
and much more...
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The benefits of using sidemount including:
- Better buoyancy control and trim
- More streamlined and comfortable in the water
- Acquiring a substantial tech oriented skill-set
Sidemount Pros will provide your sidemount harness/BCD for the course along with the hardware required to set up your sidemount cylinders. As the equipment is personally configured for you during your course, it will be available for purchase should you wish to take advantage of this.
Sidemount regulators and cylinders can be supplied by the student or rented for the course. Additional diving equipment is to be provided by the student including; dive computer, compass, mask, fins, exposure protection, cutting devices, reels/spools and wet-notes/slate.
Contact us for course equipment requirements and recommendations before you purchase
The fee for this course is NZD $850 incl. GST. Course fees include instruction, certification fees, sidemount harness hire and pool fees. Course manual, boat fees, accommodation and gases are at additional cost. Note: Instructor boat and accommodation cost shared amongst course participants.