This course covers the equipment and skills for technical sidemount diving including both classroom workshops and three days of in-water skills development.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- Certified sidemount divers wanting to progress to technical diving
- Sidemount divers wanting to progress to decompression diving/training courses in sidemount.
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- SDI Sidemount Diver certification or equivalent
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
- Tech Sidemount equipment selection and setup
- Donning and doffing decompression/stage cylinders
- Buoyancy control and trim with 3 or more cylinders
- Tech diving propulsion techniques - frog kick, modified frog kick, helicopter turn, back kick
- Tech Sidemount skills including, dive planning, gas management, gas switching, staged ascents, valve drills, out of air (donor/receiver)
- Advanced techniques for managing buoyancy and trim during staged decompression ascents
- Advanced techniques for navigating restrictions in sidemount
- Deco/Stage cylinder removal in water
and much more...
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The benefits of using Tech sidemount including:
- Better buoyancy control and trim
- More streamlined and comfortable in the water
- Acquiring a substantial tech oriented skill-set
Sidemount Pros will provide your sidemount harness/BCD for the course along with the hardware required to set up your sidemount cylinders. As the equipment is personally configured for you during your course, it will be available for purchase should you wish to take advantage of this.
Sidemount regulators and cylinders can be supplied by the student or rented for the course. Additional diving equipment is to be provided by the student including; dive computer, compass, mask, fins, exposure protection, cutting devices, reels/spools and wet-notes/slate.
Contact us for course equipment requirements and recommendations before you purchase.
The fee for this course is NZD $650 incl. GST. Course fees include instruction, certification fees, sidemount harness hire and pool fees. Course manual, boat fees, accommodation and gases are at additional cost.
Successful completion of the Tech Sidemount course will qualify the student for TDI Sidemount Diver certification.